For any questions not found on this FAQ’s page, please contact us 24/7 at our toll-free number (678) 635-3500 and we will be happy to help you.
How long is the admittance process for a Ridgeview Monroe inpatient or outpatient program?
What can I expect from the intake process?
Upon arrival at the hospital, a staff member will greet you. You can expect to place your belongings in a secure location within our building. We will provide dedicated time to a comprehensive assessment. If admitted into a Ridgeview program, you will complete admissions paperwork and then be escorted to your treatment unit for the facilities orientation where program parameters will be explained in detail. Patients can expect to be seen by their psychiatrist and an internal medicine physician within 24 hours of admission.
Does insurance cover for inpatient mental health treatment?
Will someone walk me through what my hospital bill will be?
- Our billing department will assist you with financial arrangements for any costs not covered by your insurance.
- Please note that Physicians are not employees of Ridgeview Institute; therefore, a separate payment to the physician will be required. As a convenience, we accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, debit cards and checks. This will also be explained to you in detail.
- Our business office takes care of the verification of Insurance Benefits. This can be done prior to your arrival to Ridgeview by calling the intake department and providing your insurance information.
Does Ridgeview Monroe accept my insurance?
Accepted insurances include:
- DBHDD (short term crisis stabilization)
- First Health
- MH Net
- Alliant Health Plan
- PruittHealth Premier (Medicare Advantage)
- Secure Health Plans
- Wellcare Medicare
Is my mental health information kept confidential?
Thanks to HIPPA laws, we are required by federal law to keep your information confidential. Complete confidentiality is your right as a patient here at Ridgeview Monroe. We will not release information to anyone without your permission. If you would like for us to talk with a family member, personal physician or anyone else regarding your assessment and/or treatment, you will need to sign a Release of Information form giving us permission to disclose any information.
Can I have visitors while I am staying at Ridgeview for inpatient treatment?
Yes, and the visitation hours vary for each program. You will be provided with a packet upon admission that includes the visitation guidelines.
Is smoking allowed at Ridgeview Monroe?
Smoking is allowed in the adult programs only in designated outside areas. Please note cigarettes are not sold at the hospital.
What happens after I am admitted to the hospital?
You will be escorted to your program unit where you will have a nursing assessment followed by a program orientation. You will then be given program scheduling including phone, meal, group therapy and visitation hours.
What is acceptable for me to bring to the hospital?
- Three to four changes of clothing without drawstrings. For example, casual pants or jeans, casual shirts, socks, underwear, etc. Please note that offensive or inappropriate logos will not be allowed. Laundry access is available with laundry detergent so no need to overpack.
- Bring one pair of comfortable shoes without shoelaces.
- A sweater or light jacket, without drawstrings.
- Toiletries: We provide toiletries, if needed. (No glass or aluminum containers, no mirrors, no alcohol content in any products, and no hair dryers or flat/curling irons, no razors, etc.)
- Medications: Please bring all your medications and provide a list of your current prescription and over-the-counter medications, including dosages and frequency. RIS will provide medications on our formulary only. This may not include medications prescribed for certain medical conditions.
Please leave these items at home:
- Please do not bring jewelry, money or other valuables. Wedding rings are appropriate.
- Any clothing with drawstrings is prohibited: sweatpants, running shorts, hoodies, pajamas, shoes with laces, paracord jewelry or watches, etc. Belts are also not allowed on pants. Please do not bring tube socks or leggings.
- Electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptop computers, radios, cell phones, alarm clocks or other items with a cord.
- Your own pillow, sheets, blanket or stuffed animal. We will supply all the linens and pillows you need during your stay.
- Food and drinks from outside of the hospital. You will be provided with regular meals and snacks. Any special dietary needs can be discussed with our dietician.
All your belongings will be reviewed by a staff member and recorded on a Patient Property Inventory. This list of belongings will be reviewed with the patient and the patient will need to sign this form prior to being stored. Please note, Ridgeview Institute is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged articles listed under the “Items retained by the patient” section of the form.
What is my patient ID #?
Once the admission process is complete each patient receives a unique patient ID #. Due to confidentiality laws, RIM is not permitted to let anyone know you’re in our hospital unless they have your Patient ID #. When they call to speak with you, we will require your Patient ID # in order to transfer them to your unit.
Receptionists or other hospital staff will not be able to confirm or deny your presence in the hospital without the patient ID. We strive to include friends, family and referral sources in the care of our patients, but we do respect the confidentiality of each patient and adhere to HIPAA laws.
WE ACCEPT PATIENTS 24/7
NO COST ASSESSMENT AND NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY
Ridgeview Institute Monroe is here to help you navigate your journey to wellness. We offer 24/7 free assessments in our facility for your convenience. If you or a loved one is struggling, please contact us for more information.