Drug Rehabilitation: What Does ‘Recovery’ Mean?
Are you or a loved one struggling with substance abuse? It can be difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel. This might be your first time seeking help or you might have tried many times to walk away from addiction only to fall back into the habit of using. You might be tempted to give into helplessness and hopelessness. Is drug rehabilitation even possible? It is normal to feel this way but you are not alone. At Ridgeview, we meet you exactly where you are. We provide support regardless of where you are on your journey to recovery. With effective substance abuse treatment achieving and maintaining sobriety can be more than wishful thinking, it can be your reality. Let us show you how.
What is Recovery?
Recovery is a lifelong process not a one time event. It’s about pursuing overall wellness in addition to refraining from drugs, alcohol, or other addictive habits. Recovery has often been referred to as “a second chance at life” by people who have successfully overcome addiction. This is because with sobriety comes new opportunities to rebuild old relationships and form new ones. It’s the opportunity to maintain meaningful jobs and even become involved in your community. Research shows that quality of life increases the longer you are able to maintain your sobriety. The truth is, recovery is not always a straight line and sometimes you can be taken off your path. We are here to get you back on track.
Pillars and Principles of Recovery
Recovery is a personal journey deeply individualized and uniquely yours. It is a process centered on four pillars:
- A sense of purpose.
- Being in the presence of and having the support of a loving community.
- Promoting all aspects of your health.
- Having a home base that is safe and stable.
The process looks different depending on the person and is influenced by a person’s cultural background, but it always begins with hope and the recognition that change is needed. Recovery is most successful when it is self-directed and can be accomplished with the help of a drug treatment center and the support of loved ones. Visiting this website has taken you one step closer towards your recovery goals. Let us help you take the next.
The Road to Recovery: One Step at a Time
Our team of trained mental health professionals are here to encourage and empower you to take the needed steps to achieve sobriety and we will be present with you every step of the way!
Your journey towards sobriety begins when you are able to:
- Recognize that you have an addiction and are willing to commit to positive change, while believing that recovery is possible.
- Understand what addiction is: A disease that causes changes in the brain.
- Understand what addiction is not: A weakness or a character flaw.
- Enlist the help of friends, loved ones, and healthcare providers to help in the development of a plan for recovery that begins with you deciding to change.
- Work with your treatment team to develop a substance abuse treatment plan that meets your needs and consider post-treatment options, such as sober living homes, to help with your transition back to the community.
At Ridgeview Institute, we offer comprehensive substance abuse rehabilitation support. We are here to guide you throughout the entire process from the initial intake assessment to your transition back to the community. Contact us today to speak with a counselor about our program offerings and to schedule an evaluation.
WE ACCEPT PATIENTS 24/7
NO COST ASSESSMENT AND NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY
Ridgeview Institute Monroe is here to help you navigate your journey to wellness. We offer 24/7 free assessments in our facility for your convenience. If you or a loved one is struggling, please contact us for more information.