Admissions Process Monroe
Taking the first step toward wellness can be confusing and difficult. You are not alone. Our staff of caring and compassionate mental health professionals are here to help you navigate the progress. Let us help you.
Your call to us will be answered by our assessment team who can provide instructions on our free assessments that are available 24/7, even on a walk in basis. Upon arrival, our hospital’s compassionate team will perform a comprehensive assessment to determine your unique care needs. We work to customize a treatment plan for you or your loved one, that will set the stage for long term wellness whether you stay with us at Ridgeview, or with one of our community partners.
If admitted into a Ridgeview program, our trained staff will go over the necessary paperwork for you to sign, and then escort you to your treatment unit for orientation with one of our nurses. Patients will be seen by their psychiatrist and an internal medicine physician within 24 hours of admission.
- Form of state or federally issued ID.
- Insurance card.
- Emergency contact information.
- List of current prescription medications.
- List of important phone numbers as you will not have immediate access to a cell phone while you are in treatment.
- Medical Power of Attorney or Guardianship Paperwork, if needed.
- Legal documents proving legal guardianship for a minor.
What to Bring
Your comfort and safety are the top priority when packing for your hospital stay. We also have a storage area for your belongings:
- Three to four changes of clothing without drawstrings. For example, casual pants or jeans, casual shirts, socks, underwear. Please note that offensive or inappropriate logos will not be allowed. Laundry access is available with laundry detergent so no need to overpack.
- Bring one pair of comfortable shoes without shoelaces.
- A sweater or light jacket, without drawstrings.
- Toiletries: We provide toiletries, if needed. (No glass or aluminum containers, no mirrors, no alcohol content in any products, no hair dryers or flat / curling irons, and no razors).
- Medications: Please bring all your medications, and provide a list of your current prescription and over-the-counter medications, including dosages and frequency. RIS will provide medications on our formulary only. This may not include medications prescribed for certain medical conditions.
- Please leave these items at home:
- Please do not bring jewelry, money or other valuables. Wedding rings are appropriate.
- Any clothing with drawstrings is prohibited: sweatpants, running shorts, hoodies, pajamas, shoes with laces, paracord jewelry or watches, etc. Belts are also not allowed on pants. Please do not bring tube socks or leggings.
- Electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptop computers, radios, cell phones, alarm clocks or other items with a cord.
- Your own pillow, sheets, blanket or stuffed animal. We will supply all the linens and pillows you need during your stay.
- Food and drinks from outside of the hospital. You will be provided with regular meals and snacks. Any special dietary needs can be discussed with our dietician.
- All of a patient’s belongings will be reviewed and recorded on a Patient Property Inventory Form. This list of belongings will be reviewed with the patient. The patient will need to sign this form. Ridgeview Institute is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged articles listed under the “Items retained by the patient” section of the form.
Every patient is protected under the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) law that requires us to keep our patient’s identity confidential.
Patients are given a unique ID number when they are admitted. They will have the opportunity to give their patient ID number to whomever they choose. Receptionists and staff will not be able to confirm or deny if a patient is admitted to the hospital without the patient ID. We strive to include friends, family, and referral sources in the care of our patients, but we do respect the confidentiality of each patient and adhere to HIPAA laws.
How to pay
Ridgeview Institute accepts most commercial insurance, managed Medicaid and Medicare plans, Medicaid for patients under 21, Medicare and TRICARE®.
To speak with a financial counselor, please call 678-635-3500 and ask for the business office.
Where Ridgeview Institute Monroe made a difference…
I really love this facility, everyone treated me like a person.
You all were a blessing to me. The staff were all so loving and caring.
The time I had here was amazing. I recovered from my depression very quickly and it was a great help.
WE ACCEPT PATIENTS 24/7
NO COST ASSESSMENT AND NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY
Ridgeview Institute Monroe is here to help you navigate your journey to wellness. We offer 24/7 free assessments in our facility for your convenience. If you or a loved one is struggling, please contact us for more information.